26 June 2009

simple thoughts.

In what I shared with my family, I felt it appropraite to share what i truly think... my thoughts are simple.

He died of what we have done to him. Not necessarily you and I, but we, the people… American people. His entire life has been a chase… And he spent a majority of his running. So many people… ridiculed everything he stood for, the names they called him, the lies they spread. Those are the people and the media that wouldn’t let him live.

Can you imagine living that life? There’s only so long ONE person can fight against all of those people. Do you blame him? I don’t. I feel sorry for him, and sorry he has had to live his life this way. It shouldn’t have been like this. And it’s so sad that THAT IS how he had to live his life the last 40 years. That’s why he was so frail, that’s why he was in such poor health at such a young age. NO ONE in his life was on his team. NO ONE would go up to bat for him… they were just chasing him too. His poor little heart and body just couldn’t take it anymore. We did this. We made him sick… and now he’s gone and we, the people and the media, should be ashamed of ourselves.

But the only thing I DO know is that I believed in him. I always will. I know what he stood for, I know what he wanted. And it was all so simple… like a child. He is a man who will always be very dear to my heart. At least we know he is finally at peace. No one is chasing him anymore, what a relief that must be.

No comments: